Sunday, March 5, 2017

Small groups are in full affect but my energy is low.



As the school year winds down,  So does  my energy.  It is so much going on!  As a veteran teacher, you never get use to all the demands that come when it comes to state testing. I am so ready for Spring Break.   How about you?  One week to go.    I get to spend time with my daughters.  I have a 10 year old that keeps me on my toes and a soon to be 21 year old.  Hard to believe.  These two are my reason to get up in the morning and keep moving.

My 21 year old,  Brittany is my ride or die partner.  She inspires me and helps me keep focused on going after my dreams and passions.   How can I use my love of Reading to build a brand?   I knew that I always wanted to own my own tutoring business, but was nervous about taking that leap.  So Brittany, inspired me to start tutoring during the Summer.   I created flyers, made and purchased business cards and started there. This was okay but I wanted to go deeper.  I found out about TPT online store.  I wanted to created products to sell on my Teacher Pay Teachers account.  I started with 3 products but didn't follow through, so I said okay I need a smaller step and that is when she encouraged me to start blogging about being a reading teacher and sharing what I experienced and the knowledge I have.   So here I am sharing my love and passion for Reading in the hopes of taking it to another level.  My  hope is that the information that I am sharing helps other educators find resources and the energy to move forward in their careers.


  I also created a Pinterest page where I share my blog, and pin content that is helpful to beginning teachers as well as veteran teachers.  I follow other bloggers and educators that may have things your interested in as well.  So, check out my account and follow me. http://www.pinterest/Educ8te .  Do you have a Pinterist page?


My goal is to narrow in, define and create a brand that i can market.   I plan to continue building a following with my blog and pinterest, accounts, and the same time continue to work on developing Reading Comprehension Packets based around a book to sale through my TPT account.  I hope to get them posted during spring break when I have more time to devote to them.   Stay tuned for an update and a link to  my store.

  However, this week my goal is to get my grades done, get through my schools open house and to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday with her.  What are your goals for this week?

 I am looking forward to a week off.  I plan to relax work on building my business and spending quality time with my girls doing something besides staying at home.  This is the first time that my Spring break falls during Brittany's Spring Break.  I would like to do something different this Spring Break. What are your plans for Spring Break?


As educators we have to remember to take care of ourselves, to take time out to just smell the roses so to speak.  So today I did just that.  I read a book for pleasure,  I went for a walk, I listened to music and I played games with my 10 year old.  By the way she is a sore loser!

After taking some time for myself:  I set down and prioritized  things.  I made a list of everything I needed to get accomplished and things I wanted to get accomplished.  I numbered them and came up with a game plan.  As teachers this is something we need to do as well.  Make list, prioritize the list by importance then by which one can get accomplished with minimal or no preparation, and than start checking them off one by one.


How can I relate this to small groups:  Make a list of  skills you want to teach this week, prioritize them by importance, ease of preparation or length of time needed to teach them.



The time is now,  make a  list, prioritize your list and check the items off as you complete them.  As a mom, teacher, friend, aunt, daughter, sister and cousin  I make list everyday.   As a teacher,  making list help me to find a balance. Do I still get tired?  yes,  Do I feel burned out?  yes  So what do I do?  I modify and adjust.

Stay tuned for my next blog and information regarding my other endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment